Saturday, May 1, 2010

Miss Jade is here!

Well, I apologize for never posting pictures of the nursery but I've been a bit busy ;)

Christiana Jade Benbow was born at 12:13 am Wednesday April 28th. She was 7 lbs 12 oz and 19.5 inches long. I was able to do the completely med free delivery that I wanted and wouldn't have it any other way. I woke up with contractions at around 2 on Tuesday... so overall things lasted about 24 hours. Tuesday I went to the chiropractor and lunch with a friend and then came home. I truly thought I was in pre-labor and would be having contractions for a while, but they started coming closer and closer together and I realized that this was really "it".

I labored at home as long as possible, got to the hospital at 9:45 and when they checked me I was in between 8 and 9 cm which made me SOOO happy :) Jade was here 2 and a half hours later.

We were discharged from the hospital Friday and so far things are going really well. Breastfeeding has been a challenge, so I would appreciate prayers for that. Both sets of grandparents are here and we are relishing their help.

Here are some photos... also, you can go to this website and see the pictures that were taken in the hospital. If it asks, the code is 56991296610232.

This is me at 38 weeks. Little did I know this would be my last belly picture :)













This is us when she was 1 day old.
We have a ton more pictures, but for some reason they're not on my computer and I don't have time to upload them and such now. We'll get there eventually :)

Love you guys!

No comments: