Sunday, April 28, 2013

Letter to Jade, 3 years old

Miss Jade,

My goodness. Three. I don't know why, but I can barely believe it. You have started acting three and form an objective standpoint, I can totally believe that you're three. But as your mama? It seems like just yesterday that I was bringing you home from the hospital. It's so surreal.

You are so much fun these days. You are still sweet and shy, and love to read. I suppose in those ways you haven't really changed. But you are starting to recognize some words in your books and when I told you I was gonna (try) to teach you how to write your name this summer you got beyond excited. You love to learn.

I am still amazed by how much I love you. I never understood it until I was a mom, and sometimes it still takes my breath away.

I want all the best for you. I want you to grow up to be a woman of God. To find fulfillment doing whatever it is He calls you to do. Have a family, don't have a family, get rich, live in a shack- I don't care. Just follow His calling for your life and you will have joy sweet girl. That's what mama wants for you. Contentment in your purpose.

This year has been a year of change for you- we moved, uprooting you from the only place you'd ever known. Like I expected, you did amazingly well. You still ask for your friends from there every now and then, but you've made new friends here and are doing extremely well.

Most of the time, you love gymnastics. I'm pretty sure we're gonna sign you up for a dance/gym combo class this summer and see what you gravitate towards more. You're still a really cautious kid and I'm just not sure if gymnastics is the right place. It has served it's purpose though- you have broken out of your comfort zone some and I've been so proud of you.

You still love being a big sister, but I think it's hard for you sometimes too. Just like any person, you want attention and sometimes it's hard to wait for your turn with mama. It's teaching you a lot though- I am so glad that you are growing up with a sister and am still waiting for that magic time that y'all start playing together :) Piper still just adores you and you still love to sing to her to help her to feel better.

You love Minnie Mouse, Cinderella and Doc McStuffins. You have finally started asking for Doc McStuffins over Mickey sometimes which I am so grateful for. Something finally beats Mickey!! Although I do sometimes wish it wasn't Doc because she has a tendency to make you a hypochondriac!

Love you to the moon and back Miss Jade. I'm so proud to be your mama.

-Mama

No comments: