Sunday, January 9, 2011

Big day!

Yesterday was a big day for Jade and mama for TWO reasons.

First, our wonderful neighbors from across the street (different neighbors than the ones that shoveled the driveway.... I told you guys I have awesome neighbors!!) offered to watch Jade for a little bit yesterday morning to give Chuck and I a break. Jade's only awake for about 2 hours in the mornings before her first nap, so it was only for an hour and a half, but it was wonderful. That was the first time since she was born that we were in the house without her. They have offered to watch her basically anytime we want, which is simply amazing. They have 2 little girls that are 4 and 3 and they love Jade and Jade loves to try to follow them around, so it works out for everyone.

Second, Jade made it the whole church service in the nursery. The whole service. It was amazing. I spent most of the service staring at where my number would come up when she had a meltdown, and it never came. You know what saved the day? Puffs. When I dropped her off, I told them to give her puffs if she got fussy and to try that before calling me. Well, my kid loves to eat... so it worked. Maybe it will continue to work and I'll be able to relax in the service!

Just had to share about our good day!

3 comments:

lila Braga said...

what a great day it was hum? when the kids behave we sure can relax a bit! praise the Lord for that!!!
love your blog!
hugs
lila

Anna said...

Sounds like a great day!! Bet Jade loved it too.

Kaytlin said...

YAY!!!! SUPER exciting day! (yes, I'm just getting caught up on your blog) I'm so happy for you that she did so well in church... hopefully it'll be a pattern now and you can stop having to keep SUCH a watchful eye on the number-caller! Can't believe we aren't there to see Jade grow and learn, but your blog really helps me feel like I am. You're the best. I miss you.