Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A little change

So I finally got around to changing the title of the blog.

Saturday morning, my church had a women's brunch that was such a sweet time of refreshment and fellowship. The pastor's wife shared some about how God places specific seasons in each of our lives... college, marriage, babies, etc etc etc. She laughingly referred to her baby phase as the body fluid phase, saying that no one in her home ate, pooped or peed without her knowing about it. So true.

Anyways, not the point. After she shared, another lady shared her recent season and then we had a time of worship. During that worship set, I really felt God laying the phrase "the calm in the storm" on my heart. Him telling me that the season I'm in might be exhausting and might be terrifying at times, but that He can provide me a peace and a calm within that.

And I really felt that I had my new title. Sometimes, this blog becomes a stressor for me. Just another thing that I have to get done (hence why I took almost two weeks off). But that's not what I want it to be. There are certain blogs that I read that just make me happy. Make me smile. Make me feel relaxed. That's what I want this blog to be. For me and for you guys. And this title will help me to remember that. To remember my focus.

The new layout isn't perfect. I really want it to be WAY better than it is, but the fact of the matter is that I don't know anything about html and I get overwhelmed quickly, so I've left it alone for now.

I hope that you guys like the new title and will help hold me accountable to the focus of the blog: savoring the good within the craziness.

No comments: