Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Two months...

So it's been two months since I've posted. I never intended to take a break from blogging, but as life got crazy, priorities shifted and this fell off the bottom of the "to do" list. Honestly, I'm angry with myself about it. Despite (because of?) the crazy-ness of life, I always need to take time to sit back and reflect and this is one of my main methods of doing that.

Thankfully, I have been consistent with my other tried-and-true methods of staying sane and I have not, in fact, lost my mind completely as I have sworn I was about to do many, many times during this move.

Note to self: do *lots* of research before hiring a moving company. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

The house is slowly coming together. Sunday we actually unpacked all of our pictures and hung some of them up. I'd call that the finishing touches. If we could get the claims settled with the doofus moving company (oops, I said something else) and actually move the broken furniture out of the office area and get all that settled, I'd call us good to go. And the garage doesn't count as part of the house, in case you were wondering. Who needs to park in there anyways?

God has been faithful during this time of chaos. I stumbled across a new running partner at the playground and she's provided the very needed motivation to get out the door every morning and push 60 pounds for 2.5+ miles. He has sent a couple friends for Jade and it has stopped the "mama, where's Abigail?" questions I was getting multiple times a day. He is sending Chuck and I through quite the journey with our marriage (more on that to come- not quite ready to share), and directed our paths to a church on the day they started their series on restoring broken and struggling relationships. He is always good.

Now that I feel like things are settling a bit, I feel like I can renew my commitment to the blog and you guys will start to see me around consistently again. Piper's 10-month post will be tomorrow (please ignore the fact that she never had a 9-month post) and after that, I don't know what's coming. But that's all part of the fun.

No comments: