Thursday, July 26, 2012

Winding down...

We are, thankfully, winding down our stay in the hotel. We move out in the morning and should be getting our household goods delivered Monday.

In honor of hotel living, here is a list of things that I miss about normal life:

1. My straightener. I am over my "curly" hair and am really not sure why I didn't pack it.
2. Decent saline solution as opposed to my travel bottle.
3. My wardrobe. Sick of the 5 shirts that I packed.
4. Dishwasher.
5. Comfortable bed.
6. The blanket I like to curl up on the couch with.
7. My teddy bear that I still try to sneak on mine and Chuck's bed.
8. Gilmore Girls... didn't bring a single DVD and I'm pretty sure I'm going through withdrawals.
9. Our regular infant bathtub... as opposed to Piper face planting in the water or floating away in the bumbo.
10. A stocked kitchen that actually gives you space to cook.
11. Space, in general.
12. A sense of normalcy.

And, to be fair, the "good" side, a list of things that I'll miss about hotel living:

1. Chuck being around so much.
2. Chuck letting me sleep in almost every morning.
3. Cleaning up takes about 3 seconds.
4. I can do all of our laundry at the same time if I get lucky and there's multiple open machines.
5. Not cooking. I have gotten sick of eating out but since I don't really like cooking, I know I'll look back on that and miss it :)
6. It's easier to watch two kids when there's nowhere for them to go.

That's all I can come up with. Considering I have all but despised our time here, I'll call half a good number :)

And so that you guys can have a visual of where we've been living for 5 weeks, here ya go. Two of these were taken the day we got here... we did move the coffee table against the ac so that the girls would have a little bit of room to play. Either way, they get the point across: this place is *small*.


Our room... if we needed to get into the closet or dresser, we had to put the pack n play on the bed. There is even less room on the other side and the foot of the bed (maybe a foot or so?)

Like I said, we pushed the coffee table back and we stood Jade's mattress up against the wall during the day.

The rest of the place... to my right is the kitchen table, and then you can see the stove, sink and refrigerator. Bathroom is at the end.

And that's the entire thing. It was... a little cramped and I am beyond excited to be getting out of this place in the morning!!

No comments: