Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our dear church family

I don't think I've written much about our church in Virginia on here, and I'm not entirely sure why. The City Life Church was one of the first churches we visited and everyone there immediately made us feel at home and that feeling never went away. In the three years that we were there, my faith was stretched, I learned a ton, and I met some amazing friends. It it truly the thing that I will miss the most about Virginia. Yes, even outranking the Noland Trail that was right down the road from my house...

When we were planning our road trip/move, we decided it would be pretty cool if we could go to church Saturday night, go out to eat as a farewell and then hit the road.

Sidenote: when I say "we were planning", I totally mean Chuck planning. I did say "yeah, that would be cool" about leaving on Saturday night, but the rest of the trip planning was done without my input and I liked it that way.


So I called a local restaurant, reserved a room for 30 or so people, sent out a facebook invite and let that be that. Apparently, we are more popular than we realized. Let's just say that we had 40+ people, the room was full, and some people simply decided not to stay because they realized they would never be able to eat.

Despite the fact that I was sad not to be able to tell everyone bye that I wanted to, it was an amazing night and is certainly a great way to remember Virginia... by our awesome family at church. When I say I'm going to miss those people, it's the understatement of the century. Here's to hoping we find as awesome as a church here in Oklahoma!







Miss Steph in that last picture saved the night for me. Piper was not a happy camper and instead of me pacing around holding a not happy baby, it was Steph. 

It was such an amazing night and I definitely had tears in my eyes as I drove away. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Know you are going to miss your church family. But--what wonderful memories. Hope you find a great church in Oklahoma!!