Monday, May 20, 2013

The day

I had every intention of sitting down tonight and writing Piper's 18-month post. Instead, I am watching the news and checking Facebook constantly to make sure that everyone I know is ok.

They're staying the tornado that hit Moore today is the worst Oklahoma has ever seen, which is, ya know, saying something. One minute, I was annoyed with my kids for being teething whiny disasters and the next I just wanted to hug them and keep them close.

We were never in danger here, but it was close enough to home that I am shaken and feeling burdened. Burdened to help and burdened to pray. They're telling us to stay away, not to come help. It's taking everything I can do to sit in this house.

Mamas lost their babies and babies lost their mamas. People lost everything they owned. Entire neighborhoods just leveled. Schools, with kids inside, destroyed.

Nothing I say is going to change anything. I'm not eloquent, or powerful or super-rich. But I know a God that is, and I'm praying to Him and waiting until I can do more.

1 comment:

Kristin Roberts said...

I've been thinking about and praying for y'all. I've been SO glad to see your posts that y'all are fine. I'm joining with you in prayer.