Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow

I'm a big fat slacker. I am determined to post more frequently, but this gets pushed to the back of the priority list fairly often. I will try to be better :)

Last week, my friend Jessica and her 11-month-old little boy Caleb came to visit. We had a ton of fun just sitting around doing nothing. We did go to Williamsburg to go to the outlet malls and I got 2 pairs of jeans that fit and do not have holes in them. An amazing thing in my post-pregnancy life.

This week we are starting to transition Jade to her crib some. Up until now we have been co-sleeping and bed-sharing. My goal is for her to do her first stretch of sleep in the crib and then we'll bring her to bed with us. Unfortunately, so far her first stretch of sleep has been 2 hours. Not exactly a lot. I'm thinking that we might be hitting the 4-month-wakeful a bit early, but we'll see. I'm not too worried about it. Honestly, as much as I never thought I would, I love bedsharing. I love waking up and seeing my baby girl laying right beside me. I just don't want to do it forever... so I do want to get her used to sleeping in her crib at least part of the night. But she is napping in her crib for most of her naps now, which is huge, so that's good.

Another new thing this week is cloth diapers. For various reasons that I can expand on if you guys care, I decided to try them out. There's a website that has a trial... you get to keep them for 21 days and as long as you return them all, it just costs you $10. So far they've worked really well... but I haven't had to wash them yet, so I'll let you guys know how that goes :)

And that is all.


No comments: