Thursday, July 21, 2011

The trip- photos part 1

While I will readily admit that a "vacation" with a 14-month-old is anything but restful, I really think that Jade and I had a great time and I would do it again in a heartbeat (although not tomorrow...).

We began by waking up at 3:30 and driving 9 hours to Atlanta. Jade really was good... there was definitely some screaming, but not for too long and we both made it unscathed.

In the rocking chair at the Cracker Barrel in North Carolina

We spent the weekend in Atlanta with my friends from high school. These girls (and their husbands) are awesome. I always love my time with them because I can just be myself... no stress, no pressure. It's wonderful.

I'm very ashamed to admit that this is one of the only pictures I have from the Atlanta weekend. And this is Kristin... and we were at Meg's house warming. But Leah took lots of pictures and has assured me she will send them to me! That was a long caption.

Sunday, we drove to Birmingham and spent the night at my parents house to break up the drive to Mississippi. My brother was very nice (a nice change of pace!) and grilled steaks for dinner and we had fun hanging out with his family that night. Monday, I let Jade get her morning nap, ate lunch with mom and my niece, then drove 3 hours to Mississippi to see my friend Jessica from college. Her and her hubby, along with their little boy, had just moved there and I needed to see their new place :)

At the bounce house in Mississippi.

Jade was GREAT in Mississippi. Honestly, I think she was better there than she is at home. Seriously. She wasn't clingy, whiny, anything. It was amazing. I think that part of it had to do with the fact that Jessica's house is like a toy store and Jade was in love with all the toys and the other part was Caleb. Her 22-month-old son. Jade just loved having a playmate. They were adorable together. Although sometimes Caleb ran away from Jade. What can I say, the boy likes his space?


So much fun :)

He was throwing himself around in the pool and she was laughing at him. It was hilarious.

Baby girl liked the water.

We spent Independence Day in Mississippi and then headed back to Birmingham to spend time with the family. We then stayed in Birmingham through the 11th, drove to Atlanta on the 11th to break up the trip and then drove home on the 12th. It was a lot of driving. 

Whew, I really am getting tired just typing all of that. No wonder I've been so tired lately :)

*I have about 5,000 pictures from Independence Day and also have some from Trussville as well, and I will post those soon :)

No comments: