Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby's now the size of a papaya!

Don't ask me why, but baby websites like to compare the size of Baby to fruit. So apparently, Baby is the size of a papaya. Of course, another website said to picture an ear of corn. Is it just me, or do those things look different?



So here's some info I got for your reading enjoyment...

From BabyCenter.com: "Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

My next appointment with the OB is on Wednesday. Nothing big happening... I just pee in a cup (yay!), get weighed, and they'll listen to the baby's heartbeat. Right now, I'm still going every 4 weeks. At some point, I start going more frequently, but I honestly can't remember when. I ask every time we go, and then forget again. I figure they'll tell me when it's time!

In other news, we ordered some plastic sleeves for our DVDs. http://www.mmdesign.com/dvd-storage-sleeves.php#

Basically, all of our storage in the sun room is taken up by movies, so we're trying to take up less room with movies so that we can have room for babies stuff and it won't be all over the floor. However, putting all of our movies into these sleeves is taking a flippin long time! It will be worth it in the end, but right now it's kind of a pain. Part of the problem is that we have way too many movies. But I just can't stop buying them. It's a sickness.

Chuck's been working super-late lately. Well, not SUPER late, but late enough. I had gotten used to him getting off at 4:30 every day, but his job is budget-oriented so it's very seasonal and they have some big stuff due soon and he's been coming home around 8 most nights. So I find myself talking to the dogs more and more. You would think I would get MORE done around the house, but I actually get less done. If I'm the only one that has to stare at the mess, who cares? But I'm trying to NOT think like that. Counselor says it's not healthy, haha.

Alright, I'm boring myself.

No comments: