Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ladies retreat

So last night after church, all the ladies took off to go to Yorktown to eat yummy food, stay in a hotel, hear some fabulous messages, and just get to know each other better. After going back and forth with the churches admin person (a good friend of mine), preacher's wife, and Chuck, we just couldn't figure out a way for me to go without Jade coming too. And I don't know about you, but a retreat with a 6-month-old just doesn't sound very relaxing.

I realize this is just a phase in my life and that there will be many more retreats and conferences that I can go to in my life, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I was alright with it until I saw all the women loading up into cars with their bags and pillows last night. This was on my second trip out of the auditorium to get Jade in the nursery.

Speaking of... my "goal" is to be able to sit through an entire church service before Jade is 1. But sadly, the achievement of this goal is all up to Jade so there's really nothing I can do to meet it. She just, in general, isn't such a fan of anyone except her mama. I think if we went to a "normal" church that met on Sunday mornings it would be easier, but we meet at 5 pm, which is the peak of her fussiness. And I also have to miss a lot of football games and attempt to stay up and watch them when I get home (thereby sleeping on the couch). But I LOVE my church, so it's all good :)

That's it for now. I just realized I haven't taken any photos in a few days, so I'll be sure to get my camera out today.

3 comments:

pcubed said...

Maddie was like that when she was six months...and beyond. I just had to keep leaving her with people/church nurseries, and she has gotten ok. Just know it gets easier!

~e said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~e said...

Thanks! I think because my kid is the only one at church that seems to need mama multiple times, I get some funny looks :)