Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My little peanut

Yesterday was Jade's 6-month well-check visit. Everything is great... she's hitting all her milestones (surpassing most of them) and the doctor kept talking about how cute she is. She got her first flu shot... we have to go back in a month to get the booster since they don't give the whole thing to the little ones at once.

So here are her stats:
Height: 25 inches, 25% percentile
Weight: 13 pounds, 11 ounces, 10% percentile
Head circumference: 25% percentile (I can't remember the measurement...)

Up until now, she's been in the 50th percentile for height and head measurement, and the 25th for weight. So she's not growing as quickly as they expect most babies to grow, but she's growing consistently and they're not at all worried because she's developing the way she should be and Chuck and I are not exactly large people.

She likes broccoli more than she likes carrots, but I don't think her tummy likes it. She was SO gassy last night and actually pooped twice in the middle of the night, which she hasn't done in months. So I think I might be holding off on the broccoli for a little while. We have sweet potatoes in the house... maybe I'll give that to her next. Or a banana? Who knows. We're gonna have sweet potato tonight, so I'll probably go with that. I think it's fun when she eats the same thing we do :)

Currently, one of her favorite things to do is hang out with Belle. Unfortunately, that means they also share Belle's dog bone. Belle gets one end, Jade gets the other. The first couple times it was disturbing, but now I think it's adorable. Don't sweat the small stuff, right?

Not the best example...but shows that I'm not making the bone thing up!


What?

















Best friends

She was ADORABLE in her Halloween costume. Everyone at the church's OctoberFest LOVED it. I was proud. It's no secret that I'm not exactly creative, so I was pleased by how well it turned out. But if I'm ever gonna make her another costume, I need to learn how to sew or something crazy like that :)

We took her to get her 6-month photos taken on Saturday and had some of those done with Jade as Princess Leia. I didn't bother taking pictures with her in her costume with my camera because we paid the extra money to get a CD of the pictures they took. We didn't pay for the printing rights, just the sharing rights, because that's all I really wanted. And here comes my vent. They don't bother telling you that the "sharing" CD comes with lo-res, non-edited photos. Who wants to share that?? I'm so irritated. I've been very pleased with The Picture People so far, but I will definitely be writing them a letter about that.

But if you want to see them, here is a link to her photos. Sorry... but that, and the below gem from Chuck's cell phone are the best I can do...
She actually looked happy in the ones at the photo place...

Chuck and I never got around to taking more pictures with her in her 6-month sticker, so I'll share the one I took last week. It's cute... she just happens to be falling over, haha.

2 comments:

Jessica Ilsen said...

I love the 6 month pic, even if she is falling down she looks so happy about it :)

Jessica Ilsen said...

So #s 3, 6 and 13 of the picture people pics are definitely my favorite. The costume was super cute, you did a great job :) And I love the pics of Jade with Belle, I think the 3rd one is my favorite, so cute!