Monday, March 28, 2011

Laundry room: before

This morning at 7:15, two scruffy looking dudes rang the doorbell to the house, wanting to come inside to rip out the walls to my laundry room.

Normally, something like this would bother me, but today it made me happy! FINALLY- I'm going to have a laundry room with the washer and dryer on the SAME wall, no mold, and no leaking water.

Here are some before pictures:
The normal state of things. As you can see, there is the dryer on the left wall.
The washer is to my right in this picture. The door to my left is going away.

The washer, stuck behind the brick stairs.

It was hard to get a good picture of this, but there are the leaking pipes,
complete with mold crawling up the wall.

Some mold and water damage on the other side of the washer.

The brick stairs. Notice the nasty floor- this happens because water leaks from the pipes
and then comes up through the floor, so it's never completely dry.
The project is supposed to be done April 15th. We're getting a new washer and dryer, new floors, cabinets, a closet where the washer currently sits and the brick stairs covered with something that looks better than brick. I cannot wait!

*Jade is 11 months old today- that post will come soon!

1 comment:

Neil Slaughter said...

Keep the pictures coming as work progresses.