Thursday, June 23, 2011

16 weeks- Baby X

Can I just say that I can't believe I'm this far along? When I was pregnant with Jade, my entire world revolved around that pregnancy. This time it just can't be that way.. my entire world is Jade, with dishes thrown in on the side. (Of course, I love Jesus. And my husband. I'm exaggerating a bit but you get what I mean!) Because of that difference, I just keep surprising myself with how far along I am and how big the belly is getting.


Pregnancy: 16 weeks (belly photo taken at 16 weeks 2 days)

Weight Gain: 4 pounds so far. In the name of full disclosure, my chart at the midwifery center says 9 pounds. But that's because at my first appointment (8 weeks) they asked me what my pre-pregnancy weight was and I spouted off "105". Now keep in mind I do not own a scale and do not make a habit of weighing myself. At that 8-week appointment, I weighed 110. Now there is no way that I gained 5 pounds in my first 8 weeks. I had absolutely no belly and although I was not puking all the time, I was nauseous and did not have much of an appetite. So I'm ignoring those first 5 pounds and just counting the weight I've gained since then, which is 4 pounds. I apologize for the incredibly long book I just wrote there, but I promise not to do it again- from here on out I'm counting my weight gain starting at 110. And here's to hoping I don't gain 45 pounds like I did with Jade!

Sleep: Let's just say that I'm exhausted. Insomnia strikes a few times a week, but even when it doesn't I can barely keep my eyes open during the day. I really thought I would have moved past this by now.


Gender: We find out at the next appointment!


Name: Although Chuck and I have actually agreed on a few names this time, I don't think we're actually going to tell anyone. Not 100% on that though.


Feeling: Good... just tired. And anxious! Tomorrow morning (EARLY) I am hitting the road with Jade. And driving 8 hours. By myself. With a 13-month-old. But oh well. I'm spending the weekend in Atlanta at my friend Meg's new house, then heading to Mississippi to spend a week with my friend Jessica and her little boy Caleb, then stopping at home for a bit to hang out with the family, then back here on July 12th. It's a bit nuts, but I do love road trips. Now I should just pack...


Movement: I started feeling the baby moving this week! It took me a couple days of movement around the same time to be convinced that's what it was, but now it's fairly consistent every night when I plop myself down on the couch!

Next Appointment:
 July 19th to find out the gender!

No comments: