Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jade grows up- 13 months

I briefly considered stopping the "Jade grows up" posts at 1 year, but she is still growing and changing so much that I felt it needed to be documented. Not sure when I'll stop. I'm sure before she's 5 the monthly updates will be a thing of the past :)

The biggest thing this month is that she finally got around to walking! She is just so absolutely proud of herself. She still crawls to get most places, but she's walking more and more each day and it's adorable.

She loves to play outside, even if it is 100 degrees. She will sit and play in the dirt for an hour and still loves racing her walker wagon up and down the driveway.

She's still sleeping well at night, but naps are getting more and more inconsistent. Most mornings, she still goes down fairly easily but every now and then she says "I don't need a morning nap today, thank you". And that's that. Luckily on those days, she does sleep longer in the afternoon.



This month was our first major hiccup with food. She went for a little over a week with eating nothing but eggs and toast and breakfast and hot dogs for every other meal. My kid who used to eat anything would pitch a fit and throw everything over her tray if it wasn't a hot dog. Go figure. Luckily, she is basically back to normal now. Still a bit picky, but she's eating some vegetables again and will at least try other things.

Most of her 13th month, she was nursing 4 times a day, but somewhere in there she cut it down to 3. So she gets 2 cups of soy milk a day and generally likes it, although some days she barely drinks any. I wouldn't be surprised if she's completely weaned by 14 months, which honestly just makes me sad. I never intended to wean this early but with Baby X on the way I feel like that's the right decision for us. At this point, Jade is the one cutting out sessions. I was planning to nurse until the end of the summer but she's started refusing certain sessions so I'm letting her take the lead with that.



Some of her Carter's 6-9 month tops are starting to get a little tight. She could easily move up to the 9-12 month tops, but the pants are still just huge.

Bath time is definitely still one of her favorite things. Now, when we get her clothes off we say "Jade, are you ready for your bath?" and she gets all smiley and crawls the whole way to the tub. It's adorable watching her little naked self crawling, haha. I'm sure she'll love me for saying that one day :)

She still loves the dogs and consistently wants to play with them when they aren't too thrilled about it. Her most consistent word is still "dog". I expected her to be talking more by now but I really think she'll just explode with words one day. At this point, she manages to communicate quite well without words so I'm not worried.

I'm amazed every day by how much I love her and can't wait to see what time has in store for us!

2 comments:

DD4 said...

Darling photos, and I really like the new borders and family photo at the top!

Anna said...

Pictures are great. Can't wait till your trip down.