Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family in town

Sorry for the lack of posts, but my brother and his wife and 2 kids have been in town so we've been a bit busy!

Jade took her first trip to Busch Gardens on Monday and did great... slept almost the whole time, haha. And they actually have a little place you can go for diaper changes and to nurse. Generally I have no problem nursing in public, but since she's been so finicky lately I really can't. So it was very nice to have an air conditioned place with a recliner to nurse her in. Much better than a bathroom stall!

Our AC went out Tuesday night. NOT fun. It got up to 89 in our house before we got it fixed. Praise God that it was just one part and we didn't have to replace the whole unit. $242 is not that bad. But that was the worst night sleep I've had in a while... which is saying something. Poor Jade was not happy. But she made up for it last night by sleeping from 10 until 3:30. I actually feel almost rested :)

Tomorrow, Chuck and I leave to go to Minnesota and Wisconsin. His friend Bo is getting married in Wisconsin, so we're taking this time to visit his family as well. We didn't do a baby shower for the Minnesota crowd before Jade was born, so we're going to do a "meet Jade" party now. It should be fun. I'm a bit nervous about the travel part... but I think we'll be fine. There's no way to know without trying!

No comments: