Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Put a fork in me...

I'm done.

So 2 days after our bottle "triumph", we realized that we had not actually won the war. She still won't take it. Chuck's trick had been sliding the bottle into her mouth when she starting sucking on her fingers. Apparently she's a genius and figured this out and stopped sucking on her fingers.

When I mentioned our bottle woes at the pedi visit last week, she said to keep trying for a while and then she would offer a recommendation to an occupational therapist. I told her I didn't think this was a physical thing so I don't really see how an OT would help, but she said "ya never know". So that's our next step. It feels a bit nuts to me... an OT at 2 months to get my kid to take a bottle? Seriously? Maybe it'll work. I'm not trying again until we go though... it's miserable and stressful for all 3 of us.

No comments: