Sunday, January 15, 2012

Briefly

It's amazing to me that no matter how many people tell you how hard going from 1 to 2 is, you don't believe them. I knew it would be hard. But man, am I tired.

I am on a de-cluttering kick. It takes far too much effort to keep this house clean and I know it wouldn't be as hard if it wasn't so cluttered. Chuck is proving to be far more of a pack rat than I am and is fighting me every.step.of.the.way. Such a lovely time in our marriage.

Piper is getting so big. I think that she's actually probably just average, but compared to Jade she's huge. She's already outgrowing 0-3 months clothes from Gap and Old Navy. Their sizes run a bit small, but still. I am very interested to see how big she is at her 2-month-appt.

Jade is obsessed with coloring. She's content to sit and color for half an hour, which must be an eternity to a toddler. Friday, she discovered that crayons color on things other than paper and the table around it. Uh oh.

She's doing this adorable thing when we pray before meals. We always say "God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for our food". Then I say, "Jade, what comes next?" A couple of times she said "Amen" but most of the time she says "two". Always practicing counting :)

My bestest friends in the world are coming to visit in February for President's Day and I am SO EXCITED.

I've started to run again some, which has been awesome. Unfortunately, it hasn't been anything consistent but I'm hoping to rectify that soon. My body has bounced back amazingly well, but I think the rest is going to take a little work.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sounds like everything is pretty normal around there.

Mom