Saturday, December 18, 2010

My poor sick baby

Beginning last Saturday, Jade started acting fussy. She had no real symptoms, just waking up a lot at night and fussy during the day.

On Thursday she started acting worse, so I called the doctor. She said it was probably teething. "even without swollen gums?" I asked. She said yes, that this tooth might not break through until next month so the gums don't have to be swollen for the tooth to be bothering Jade.

I'm ashamed to say that my first thought was "yay, a fussy baby for another month".

Well, Friday night she felt warm to the touch, so I took her temperature. 101.1. No good. Tylenol helped bring it down, but as it wore off around the 3-hour mark it kept coming back. All night long.

This morning I called the nurses hotline. She said it no longer sounds like teething and encouraged me to go to urgent care.

Where I was told that my baby has a cold. A cold. While I am grateful it's not something worse, I'm frustrated because there's basically nothing I can do. Administer Tylenol, suction her nose, give saline spray, run a humidifier, and let the virus run its course.

Prayers would be appreciated :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: