Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin patch

Last year, we "found" a pumpkin patch near Williamsburg. This weekend, the weather was gorgeous so we got together with some friends and took Jade and Olivia (their little girl) for a little mini trip. Jade was certainly more impressed with everything than she was last year.

I realized right as we were leaving the house that the battery was about to die. And then realized that I had no idea where the charger was. So these pictures are a mixture of photos from the "real" camera and my cell. Because of that, we didn't get a picture of the 3 of us or very many in general. But the charger has now been found!

"What? You put me in this thing and just expect me to smile?"

No, that is not Chuck. Olivia is trying to escape from my wagon.

Olivia succeeded in her escape so I am now pulling an empty wagon.

Apparently she just wanted to sit with Jade. Happy girl.

Jade was enjoying herself :)

Pumpkins are very exciting.

Looking at the tractor pulling us for the hay ride.

The corn maze... one of them was going the wrong way :)

She rounded the corner and Chuck was there and she got SO excited!

All in all, it was a great day. Jade had a really good time and I love that we have family traditions now. We debated over whether or not to go because we have SO much that we need to get done at the house, but I know we made the right decision. This is the stuff we're going to remember in 10 years... not the fact that the floors needed to be cleaned and the nursery wasn't finished.

No comments: