Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Piper grows up- 5 months

Piper girl,

Your short little life has been so much fun so far! This month, you got to see your grandmama and grandpapa again, wear a really pretty Easter dress, and go Easter egg hunting. Ok, you mostly just watched your sister on that last one, but still.

You are such a sweet little girl. We've found a couple ticklish spots and you have the cutest little laugh. You've started to play with some toys and you're getting good about reaching out and grabbing them... and putting them in your mouth, of course. I *think* you might be getting some teeth because some days you just seem angry and don't want to sleep. Silly baby :)

You take a couple good naps every day, but nighttime sleep has been all.over.the.place. Luckily, I've been down the sleep deprivation road before so I'm good at it. We just stopped swaddling you and you're doing alright with it.

You are consistently rolling from belly to back and are super close to rolling from back to belly. Your grandmama told me that you did it once, but I refuse to acknowledge that it happened since I didn't see it. So far, I've seen you get up on your side and you just kind of get stuck and then fall back on your back. I might be a little mean, but I think it's hilarious. Your sister always cheers you on though. She's quite the parrot these days so she says "so close! Piper, roll over" anytime I put you down on your back. And then she steals your toys and screams "mine!" Such a good big sister, she is.

You are super strong... and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in your other letters, but you don't like to bend. It's quite strange kid, I'm not gonna lie. You like to stand. Not sit... stand. At your four month appt, I asked the doctor if there was something wrong with your hips. When you're laying down and I hold your hands and try to get you to sit up, you stand up instead. It's hilarious. I'm assuming eventually you'll sit up, but I don't know when that's going to happen.

You LOVE your daddy. Seriously, you can be super fussy before he gets home and he walks in the door and you give him the biggest smile. That doesn't mean that you won't be screaming again 5 minutes later, but it's so sweet to watch you get excited when he comes home. I know that in no time you'll be yelling "daddy's home!" and running to the door with your big sister.

I took you to get shots this morning and you were right at 15 pounds. I don't know what percentile that is, but you are getting to be such a chunk! I LOVE it :)

Mama and daddy love you so much sweetie, and are so glad you're in our lives :)

No smiles this month, but I love this face!

Lots of love,
Mama 



1 comment:

Anna said...

Such a big girl. So sweet!