Saturday, April 28, 2012

Letter to Jade

Miss Jade,

I can't believe I'm writing this. In less than 2 hours, you will be two years old. This time two years ago I had been in the hospital for about an hour and was doing everything I could to get you out of me. It seems like such a short time ago; I can remember it like it was yesterday and yet it feels like you've been here forever. Like you've always been a part of our family.

You have brought so much joy to our lives in your short little life. Your laugh brings a smile to my heart and I melt every time you run to me to give me a hug or kiss. You have such a sweet heart and I'm loving watching you grow up and your personality developing. You are a very cautious kid... you generally hang back until you're sure you can do something. You are super smart and I'm loving watching your excitement as you read your books and I pray that excitement never fades. Some days you seem to want to do nothing but read and color and you truly remind me of myself in that way.

Watching you grow into a big sister has been such a joy. One day, you and Piper are going to be the bestest of friends and I cannot wait. Right now, she's more of a fun doll to play with but one day soon she'll start fighting back and that will be very interesting :)

You love your daddy. When he gets home from work you run to him with such joy and play with him until it's time for dinner. About two weeks ago, you got all dressed up and went to Chick-fil-A with him for a date. It was so adorable. You had no clue what a date was but you were so excited to be going somewhere with daddy and I know that's something y'all will do for years to come (although the location might change!).

You are just such an amazing little person. I never knew how hard being a mom would be, but it is so beyond worth it. Every day, you make me super happy and super frustrated. I have decided that if I had this range of emotions daily and wasn't a mom to a toddler, that I'd be diagnosed as bi-polar. But somehow, after one of your tantrums that makes me want to pull my hair out and cry, you giving me a hug and saying "sorry mama" makes everything all better.

I pray every day that I am doing the right things in raising you. Teaching you the right things. Encouraging you in the right things. Setting the right examples. Your little world will be rocked soon when we uproot you from everything you've ever known and move you across the country, but I know that you'll be fine. God has a big plan for your life little miss, and right now that plan means moving to Oklahoma and making new friends and doing new things. I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Saying "I love you" doesn't even do it justice. If you become a mama yourself one day, you'll get it. You are my heart outside my body.

with lots of hugs and kisses,
mama









1 comment:

Anna said...

Sitting here looking at the picture of Jade with Chuck is like looking at you when you were that age. So precious!!