Thursday, September 22, 2011

The nursery

When Chuck and I first found out that number 2 was on the way, we went back and forth about what we wanted to do in regards to rooms. We have a 4-bedroom house. Currently, we have 2 guest rooms, Jade's room and our room. This has worked out really well for us so far- when both sets of grandparents come visit, no one has to sleep on an air mattress or couch!

We talked about moving Jade to one of the guest rooms (which would have required moving her to a toddler bed) and putting the baby in her room. But honestly, poor Jade is going to be going through enough when the baby gets here. I don't want to make her move as well. And while one day the girls will probably share a room, I have no desire to begin that with a newborn. Jade sleeps now- I don't want to mess that up.

SO... we got a "mini" crib, we're putting it in the guest room, rearranging the furniture in there, and calling it a nursery/guest room. We'll have to move some of the things in there out (the huge vanity is going to have to go somewhere, just not sure where), but we figured that was the best option. Then one of the kids can sleep in our room when company comes and one can sleep in Jade's crib, and we'll still have the full-sized bed for company.

Sigh. That was probably way more explanation than I needed to give. Sorry.

A couple weekends ago, we went and bought the paint (I hate the color the room is currently) and started to prep the room to paint the trim. We also bought paint to paint the crib. The crib was a gift (from our awesome neighbors that I trust) and it's a light colored wood, which I'm not a huge fan of. So I decided to paint it white. Chuck thought I was crazy, but now that I have some paint on the crib he admits that it looks good. So we've finally "started" although it will be a while before we're done because, let's face it, Chuck and I are slow. But it'll get done.

Proof that I do paint when I have no choice. Don't worry, it's low VOC :)


My husband's beautiful self-portrait. And the vanity that is going to have to move somewhere.

A view of part of the room. The bed is going to have to be flat against the wall instead of just in the corner now.

A picture that has nothing to do with this post, but I had to share. My poor dogs...

*Don't forget to vote for the coming home outfit if you haven't already- just a couple more days!

1 comment:

Jessica Ilsen said...

lol, I love that it looks like they are both looking at the camera with their own facial expressions! :) And nice shot of you painting btw :)