Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This morning

I woke up feeling sorry for myself. I'm sick. Again. I suppose I never truly got over it.. being pregnant makes kicking things harder and although I felt fine Monday, yesterday the aches and pains came back and I woke up this morning extremely congested.

I decided to stick with the power of positive thinking. My kid needs more than a shell of her mom and I'm going to try to make that happen today. Despite that, I was feeling sorry for myself. Wanting to crawl back in bed and not entertain a toddler all day.

And then I saw this post. Telling me to embrace where I am. I don't remember how I stumbled upon this blog, but she has been an encouragement to me many times and today she said EXACTLY what I needed to hear.

1 Corinthians 7:17 reads "Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches."


Generally, I think of this verse in the broad scheme. In this season of my life, I am meant to be a stay at home mom. This is where God has placed me. But today, I'm thinking of it like this "God knows you're not feeling well. That doesn't change where He placed you. Find joy in today."


Because, my friends, joy and happiness are not the same thing. Happiness is fleeting. Joy is eternal. Today I choose joy. 


*irony: in the middle of this post, Jade turned the computer off. Twice. Awesome.

No comments: